Planet Images' mission is to create photographs that capture the beauty of nature’s landscapes, seascapes, wildlife and flora and in doing so create a lasting inspiration to those that seek to preserve them.
Planet Images is located in the foothills of Mt Wellington in Hobart and is run by Andy Townsend. Thanks for stopping by to visit.
Andy Townsend is a freelance photographer and designer, who has travelled and photographed extensively in Australia, New Zealand, North America, Northern Europe and Antarctica. A committed environmentalist, he believes in the power of the visual image to inspire and educate. Andy has had a variety of work published in diaries, calendars, magazines and books around the world.
In 2003 he won an award in the BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition. He is a member of Nature Photographers Tasmania and works collaboratively to highlight Tasmania's threatened wilderness.
Who I've worked for
I've produced images to be used by:
- Tasmanian Land Conservancy
- Australian Geographic
- Images of Antarctica
- Womens climbers diary
- Australian Canoeing
- Australian Antarctic Division
- Bureau of Meteorology
- Mountain Equipment Co-op
- Penguin Books
- Parks and Wildlife Tasmania
I've been fortunate to have exhibited in the following:
- Tasmanian Landscape & Photography Awards - Wild Island Gallery, Hobart
- Island Light - The Long Gallery, Hobart
- Tarkine - The Long Gallery, Hobart
- Tasmanian Land Conservancy - Travelling exhibition
- Weld Echo exhibition
- Hadleys Hotel - Antarctica
- Meadowbank winery - Antarctica
- The Wilderness Gallery - various exhibitions
- Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens - Antarctica
- BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year (Highly Commended - Composition & form)